Servicing & MOT Testing
We offer a full range of servicing from an Oil & Filter change to a Major service. See our online booking service for options. If you are unsure of which service your vehice requires please contact us and one of our staff will advise you.
You can also book a service online and add an MOT at a reduced rate.
You can now take advantage of being able to book your MOT right now 24hrs a day 7 days a week with our simple to use online booking system. Once you have made the booking you will receive an email confirming your booking. All that is left to do is turn up at the allotted time.
Below is a brief list of the areas that the MOT Checks:
- The brakes: Their condition, operation and performance (efficiency test).
- The steering and suspension: Of satisfactory condition and operation and there is no excessive wear.
- The lights: Their presence, condition, operation and security. Headlight aim.
- The tyres and wheels: Condition, size, type, fitment and tread depth. NB The spare wheel presence or condition is not part of the test.
- The wipers and washers: Condition and operation.
- The windscreen: Condition & drivers view of the road.
- The horn: Operates correctly and is of a suitable type.
- The mirrors: The minimum numbers are on the vehicle, their condition and security.
- Vin & Number Plates: Condition, security and characters of number plates. VIN present on vehicles first used on or after 1 August 1980.
- The doors: All doors must open & close securely. Front doors must open from inside and outside.
- The bonnet: Its operation, latching and safety catch.
For a full list of the MOT test please visit www.vosa.gov.uk.
If your vehicle should fail the MOT test we are able to discuss the issues with you and advise accordingly. We will also give an estimate for any repairs that may be needed and after your approval this work can be booked in. MOT repairs can sometimes be carried out on the same day and on completion of the satisfactory repairs a retest and MOT certificate will be issued.
The MOT includes a free retest if represented within 10 working days.